Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What Would Jesus Do?

You need to know that I have other sheep in addition to those in this pen. I need to gather and bring them, too. They'll also recognize my voice. Then it will be one flock, one Shepherd.
(John 10:16 MSG)

As I write this the attacks in Paris is still being covered by news media everywhere.

As I am watching the news I am wondering one thing, what would Jesus do?  When I ask myself that question I remember the story of the good Samaritan.  A man had been beaten and robbed and left for dead on the side of the road.  One man went by and basically ignored the man.  Another also went by, he said yes I see your needs and kept going on his’ way.  Yet another man came upon the man, he saw the needs and instead of going on his’ way he stopped and attended to the man’s wounds and the rest of the needs.

There is a certain segment of people in the west who are playing a game of fear about the security and safety of their own.  They are wanting to close their doors to the refugees.  Like the story of the man on the side of the road they are walking by, seeing and knowing the refugees needs but do not want to stop and offer help.

Of everything I know about the true faith of Muslim People they are a peaceful people.

The group called ISIS is not a true Islam.  They are some radical bunch of hateful, murderous, and divisive people.

Are you the reader, going to be a follower of the crowd or are you going to be inclusive of people of the Muslim Faith.

I believe if Jesus were here on earth, he would be offering a hand up to the many who are hurting and running from terror in their homeland.

I realise that writing this post that it could invoke some controversy but I am willing to take that risk.

Let’s all love our brother and sisters even if they do not look like or speak like us.

No comments: