Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Re-Thinking Scriptural History

In the past several months I have been studying various forms of religious information.  Different Bible Translations, the background of cultural societies in the Bible.

Also, I have been studying the history of what was happening in the known world when authors in the Bible were experiencing at the time of the writings.  I came across a thought that was mentioned in a documentary on the History Channel.  The younger me wouldn’t have given it the time of day and would have dismissed it as heresy.  It was the study of the books in the Bible found in the Douay-Rheims Bible, Challoner Revision, which is books like the Macabees, etc.,  Also the Catholic Bible.  These books were not included in the accepted King James Version which most Protestant churches use.

I believe that a person who wants to grow needs to be always opened to new thoughts and to explore these thoughts.

I have written in the past that we need to use every available tool, whether it be the tradition hard copy, or the 21st century internet and computers.

I hope that anyone who reads this will have the courage to look at the Scriptures with a new zeal and an openness.

A point of interest; I was raised as an evangelical, but now I can see things that do not align with scriptures and with history.

No comments: