Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Prosperity Preachers, Christians Rights

I started out rather early in life on my way to be a full – time evangelist, and or a pastor.

During my travels I found myself in many different situations meeting many different evangelicals, and of course other evangelists, teachers, and pastors.  Some of their views were quite different one from the other.

I started travelling with a prospertiy/healer preacher as a musician.  I at the time assumed everyone was upright and godly.  As time went by things began to change.  I started watching the pattern the preacher would take during his’ meetings and I began to connect some dots.  Still I kept thinking all was okay.

Then came the trip that changed how I would be perceived by the preacher and some of his’ invited preacher guests.  He was on the west coast and I was in my home province of Ontario helping his’ local church.  He called his’ wife discussing what was happening in the west coast meeting and he wanted me to go and stand in at a meeting that was suppose to start in another city.  Soon, I had a ticket in my hand to fly out and fill in for the preacher and the guest preacher.  I totally nervous, even though I had conducted meetings of my own as a young teenager.  I arrived in the city, checked in and began thinking about how I would handle the evening meeting.  Really the only thing I was confident with was my music on the piano and singing.  I led a short worship service then preached a very short message.  I knew there were expenses that needed to be covered, so I decided to raise an offering.  After all was done I went back to my room unsure what I was suppose to do.  A phone call came into my room, it was the preacher asking how things went for me.  Soon the topic changed to how much the offering was.  I stayed on the phone and counted the offering and I told the preacher the amount.  His’ guest came on the phone and asked me some strange questions.  I answered him truthfully.  The offering was just over $1300.00 from about thirty people.

They preachers arrived the next day and took over the scheduled meetings.  Soon again, they were due to start in another city and asked me to stay behind and complete the last meeting.  This pattern became normal.  I didn’t realize it wasn’t my  music or my preaching that gave them confidence, it was my ability to raise money for them.  I soon learned that money raised was split between the preacher and his visiting guest.  That was really their basic objective to these meetings, raising high amounts of money.

I realize that there are expenses that have to be covered when one is travelling, plus those costs of keeping things going at home.  The more I travelled the more preachers I met both in Canada and the United States that money was truly their real god.

I became jaded through all of this.  For the longest time money became my main focus.  I soon struck a deal with the preacher that I would also take a portion of all funds raised while we were together, or when I would step in to handled a meeting for them.

I can say only what I experienced myself.  When it came to whether a meeting was a sucess the factor that determined it was, how much money was raised.

One host pastor that we worked with in the USA would take the finances into his’ office and with the guest he would sit there and take each bill and smooth it out.

They didn’t speak about the message, or if souls were won for Christ.

So, with this, all I can say is this, do your homework about who you are supporting with your finances because, everything is not always as is portrayed.  If the prosperity message was real than God better apologize to a whole lot of people in some poor countries around the globe.  The message is only doable in the North America continent.

I am going to do everything I can to stop this message.

I will try to put all my energy in speaking out on this and many more subjects that I have studied and call out those things which are deceiving evangelicals in North America.

No comments: